Good data coming out of the Boomerang email study.
If you want to increase the likelihood of someone responding to your email, here’s what to do:
- Lose the big words and long sentences
- Include a couple of questions in the copy
- Be slightly positive or slightly negative
- Aim for shorter subject titles
- Try and keep it under 150 words
Only Applies To Responses
Note that this data only applies to campaigns that are looking to generate a response. Some of you are writing purely informational emails - like me - that aren’t really geared towards generating a reply.
However - when the time comes to elicit information from your list - keep it short and simple!