If you produce a regular newsletter, here’s a quick test to see if you have a good handle on it.
Quickly write out the answers to these questions:
- What kind of people are on your list?
- What do they have in common?
- What are they motivated by?
- What do you have that they want to learn about?
- What does your newsletter do?
- How does it make you money?
Here’s the answers for this newsletter
- Business owners and marketers
- They manage the marketing for their business
- Increasing visibility, ultimately growing sales
- Knowledge about digital marketing
- Consistently provides ideas about digital marketing
- When people on the list want to implement those ideas, I’m the guy they go to for help
What are the answers for your newsletter?
If you can’t quickly produce answers for your newsletter, it’s an indication that you don’t have a clear enough understanding of what you are doing and why.
That lack of clarity will have a detrimental impact on the efficacy of your marketing efforts.
I’m doing a lot of work with newsletters at the moment, if you’d like to talk about yours, get in touch.