Listening For links
I love this shot.
It says everything you need to know about listening.
Look at the body posture, the size of the eyes - she’s laser locked and her entire attention is focused.
When done right, listening is an all encompassing behavior.
Good Listening Equals Links
The way to get people to notice your content is to interact with them in the digital world.
- Interact with the wrong people and nothing happens as they don’t care about your content.
- Interact poorly with the right people and still nothing happens because now they don’t care about you.
- Interact well with the right people and your content gets shared.
The trick to identifying the right people AND finding the right way to interact, is to be a great listener.
You Know How To Do This
Here’s the screen-cast from January:
In the ideal world you would spend as much time listening as you spend on content creation and publishing.
Imagine If You:
- Allocated time every day to listen
- Added “Hours spent listening” to your KPIs
- Set a quarterly target for listening
How much further would your content reach?
This approach only works if:
- Your digital footprint is in order
- You have a regular content production cycle
- What you create is actually good
Written while listening to: The Bench 173 Bpm Flow - Session 1 | 1014 by music2work2
Image Credit: Listening by fs999 on Flickr